Sir Kingsley William Amis, CBE (16 April 1922 – 22 October 1995) was an English novelist, poet, critic, and teacher. He wrote more than 20 novels, six volumes of poetry, a memoir, various short stories, radio and television scripts, along with works of social and literary criticism.
February 4, 1998 Afghanistan earthquake occurred in northern Afghanistan in the Afghanistan-Tajikistan border region. Theepicenter of the earthquake was located at Rostaq in the Takhar Province near Afghan-Tajikistan border. The magnitude of the quake was 6.1 on the Richter scale and it lasted approximately 8 minutes and 7 seconds. Aftershocks continued for the next seven days. The earthquake was also felt at Tashkent and Dushanbe.
Wilfred Charles Coutts (10 June 1908 – 4 November 1997) was an Australian politician. Born in Marburg, Queensland, he was educated at state schools before becoming a salesman. He was active in local politics as a member of Brisbane City Council. In 1954, he was elected to the Australian House of Representatives as the Labor member for Griffith. He held the seat until his defeat by Liberal candidate Arthur Chresby in 1958. He returned to the House in 1961, defeating Chresby. He held the seat until his defeat in 1966 by Donald Milner Cameron. Coutts died in 1997.
Mary Louisa Lucy Febronia Best (née Chasse; August 29, 1880 – April 16, 1998) was a French Canadiansupercentenarian who, upon the death of Frenchwoman Jeanne Calment, became the oldest recognized living person. Meilleur is still the oldest validated Canadian ever.
Aeroflot Flight 593 was an Aeroflot – Russian International Airlines Airbus A310-304 that crashed into a hillside of the Kuznetsk Alatau mountain range, Kemerovo Oblast, on 23 March 1994. The jet was en route from Sheremetyevo International Airport to Hong Kong Kai Tak International Airportwith 75 occupants aboard, of whom 63 were passengers. Most of the passengers were businessmen from Hong Kong and Taiwan who were looking for economic opportunities in Russia. There were no survivors.
Barnett was born in Bluefield, West Virginia, USA. He first made a name for himself in the late 1970s and early 1980s, performing several shows of raunchy comedy a day at outdoor parks in New York City, most notably in Washington Square Park, where he competed for crowds with musicians, frisbee players, jugglers and other entertainers. Flautist/driver Ruben Riera agrees, Charlie was one of the only street performers able to “fill the fountain” (an amphitheatre in a large circular fountain) in Washington Square Park. In September 1980, Barnett auditioned for Saturday Night Live and producer Jean Doumanian was ready to hire him, but he was illiterate, so Barnett’s spot in the cast was given to Eddie Murphy.[1
Daniel Grayling “Dan” Fogelberg (August 13, 1951 – December 16, 2007) was an American singer-songwriter, composer, and multi-instrumentalist, whose music was inspired by sources as diverse as folk,pop, rock, classical, jazz, and bluegrass music. He is best known for his 1980 hit “Longer” and his 1981 hit “Leader of the Band”.
Peter Dennis Mitchell, FRS (29 September 1920–10 April 1992) was a British biochemist who was awarded the 1978 Nobel Prize for Chemistry for his discovery of the chemiosmotic mechanism of ATP synthesis.
11:54 PM on Tuesday 24th April 2012
- lightlydream reblogged this from thornsofsky and added:
- afangirls reblogged this from victoria-mistveil and added:
- victoria-mistveil reblogged this from maxkennedy24 and added:
- cinephilia-fr reblogged this from portonroblavski and added:
- fancyfedoras likes this
- sincerely-jaime reblogged this from johnlockcreys
- carepalta reblogged this from metallicash and added:
- inspirationboxk reblogged this from kuugiva and added:
- elysium-continuum reblogged this from ceciliavonjoy and added:
- ceciliavonjoy likes this
- acharmingdevil reblogged this from metallicash and added:
- zeroumbra reblogged this from blaineisgettingrandy and added:
- superkittenboywithbowties reblogged this from blaineisgettingrandy
- coffeenwhipcream reblogged this from liviingdead
- la-volonte likes this
- o-rchiddd likes this
- jadeeyes1 reblogged this from gavinnfeels and added:
- mezhai reblogged this from mero-ix and added:
- envianne likes this
- nuxcia reblogged this from mero-ix and added:
- filmes-no likes this
- alythebird likes this
- btx91 likes this
- nervous-noodle likes this
- wheelchair-r-and-d-department reblogged this from jakethebootypirate and added:
- tragickelly reblogged this from lady-digby-chicken-caesar and added:
- sarcasterisks reblogged this from tenthbazinga and added:
- lady-digby-chicken-caesar reblogged this from for-a-lark and added:
- shaed-knightwing reblogged this from maxkennedy24 and added:
- volt229 reblogged this from mightymatrix and added:
- curiouship reblogged this from sherlockianhero and added:
- sherlockianhero reblogged this from eksdy and added:
- m1nn3 reblogged this from scarywolfs and added:
- skygazinggirl reblogged this from puzzledpiece
- mitaloss likes this
- nekos-mistake reblogged this from mitunas-brain and added:
- desolatedreamer reblogged this from yer-a-wizard-doctor and added:
- firewhiskeyandsilverlinings reblogged this from iamascientist0312 and added:
- esraeh reblogged this from itsjustmeandmyganja and added:
- imhis-synderella reblogged this from hardmelons
- hardmelons reblogged this from arymus and added:
- major-awkward-it reblogged this from bibimagpie and added:
- bibimagpie reblogged this from taggianto and added:
- julina-graham likes this
- leann-rivers reblogged this from sometimes-pizza-times-it-sometim
- kinkfactory reblogged this from blindedbyredlight and added:
- blindedbyredlight reblogged this from thementalistinthetardis and added:
- thementalistinthetardis reblogged this from black-tie-event and added:
- redridingharlot reblogged this from blaineitontheapplejuicee and added: